There’s a new challenge starting today on the Oddball Art Stamps Blog! The theme is: Life in Technicolor. I made a few design team inspiration pages in my art journal.
All of the digistamps used in my art journal pages can be found in the Oddball Art Stamps Etsy shop. Use the code DTSTEPHANIE10 to save 10%
Each page was painted entirely with Brea Reese Glitter and Watercolor Inks. I believe I used all 14 colors in this project! They are so much fun to paint with and mixing the inks gives you an endless amount of colors!
We have monthly challenge on the Oddball Art Stamps Blog and Facebook group. Come join in the fun and enter to win!!
There’s so much sparkle on Vera Lane Studio Facebook group this month! The theme is add a lil sparkle! We have an ATC swap each and every month Teresa Morgan is the host for August!
The ATC above I made using the Oh, La, La digistamp set. The digistamp set is avail by request in the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop. Her dress definitely cried out for some sparkle! I used the Red and Neutral Grey glitter inks from Brea Reese.
The entire card was colored with Brea Reese Watercolor & glitter inks and fine liner markers.
The ATC below was made with Pumpkin Boy and Cat digistamp set. Brea Reese glitter ink and fine liner pens were used to paint the adorable lil trick or treater. I can’t wait for fall and Halloween. So you’ll probably see lots more as we get closer 🙂
Come join in the monthly Vera Lane Studio swaps and fun!
Until next time…
Sprinkle and Sparkle have arrived at Vera Lane Studio this week! They have to be the cutest lil garden fairies I've ever seen!
Sprinkle & Sparkle
I recorded a video this week of the project below. You can see exactly how I painted Sprinkle & Sparkle below in the video here. I used Brea Reese Glitter Inks and Watercolor Markers. Absolutely love how vivid and beautiful their inks are!
The above ATC is for the Vera Lane Studio Facebook groupAdd Some Sparkle Swap. Come join in the fun! We have monthly themed swaps!
Until next week…
Look at all that Sparkle!!!
I decided to make a very useful tool for watercoloring. It has been very helpful! I made my own Brea Reese Watercolor Ink color mixing chart.
I have links to the PDF files below to download the charts I made.
- Print chart on Watercolor paper
- Gather all 14 Brea Reese Inks (glitter or Watercolor)
- Paper towel for blotting (can later be used in a mixed media piece. No waste!)
- Paint the square/rectangle where each color intersects. As shown below.
- Next I painted the square next to Pink … pink. Then painted medium magenta on top of it. I found it easier to clean my brush in between each color.
- The colors in the left column will ALWAYS be the color that is on the bottom.
- The colors listed at the top will be the second color added. Make sense?
- DO NOT paint all of the base color at once. The inks need to still be wet to blend properly.
- You can watch the time lapse video on my YouTube channel here. Please subscribe & comment if you feel the video is useful 🙂
- Be careful to not let the inks from separate boxes touch. That will contaminate your mixing.
- FYI the process of creating this chart will take about 2 hours, so set aside some time. It’s definitely worth it. I promise!
Brea Reese Watercolor Inks Chart
Brea Reese Glitter Inks Chart
Hope you enjoyed this post…