What You Need:
- Brea Reese
- Texture Paste – matte metallic – mars black
- Modeling Paste – Glossy Dimension – silver
- Glitter Ink – medium magenta, violet, lake blue & ocean green
- Heavy Body Acrylic – Unbleached Titanium
- Heavy Body Acrylic – Paint Writer – mars black
- Texture Sand
- Water brush
- Watercolor Canvas – 5×7
- Art-C – wooden letter embellishments
- white gesso
- Palette Knife
- Liquid glue
- Spray bottle with water
- Washi Tape
- Use washi tape to adhere the stencil to the watercolor canvas
- Use palette knife to spread mars black texture paste over the stencil
- Remove washi tape and lift stencil. Allow to dry overnight. Clean stencil asap.
- Make lines of glitter ink across the top of the canvas. I used four colors and allowed them to mix. You can use as few or as many as you want.
- Tilt canvas forward (have your work surface covered) and spray with water and watch the magic happen
- Allow to dry or use a heat gun (because I’m impatient)
- Rub with gesso randomly over the canvas and allow to dry
- Draw random designs with your paint writer. I drew circles and lines.
- Sprinkle texture sand over the canvas. It will stick to the gesso and paint writer.
- Use your finger to apply silver modeling paste to the wooden letters. Allow to dry.
- Use your finger to apply unbleached titanium white heavy bodied acrylic to the wooden letters randomly.
- Glue wooden letters to canvas
And you’re done!
I had so much fun making this quick and easy mixed media piece. Its perfect for your craft room or giving as a gift to another creative friend!